Puppy Out Of Breath

Puppy Out Of Breath
Doug's stories are now in a book: www.puppyoutofbreath.com

Saturday, April 9, 2011

I Have Been YouTubed


My life media list:

A St. Louis television station did a Man On The Street interview with me when President Clinton ordered the bombing of a terrorist camp in Afghanistan.  I appeared on TV offering my opinion.

A magazine in Tokyo published an article about my favorite yeast extract, Marmite.  My photo and a description appeared in both Japanese and English in the magazine.

A newspaper columnist solicited comments about compliments people have received in the workplace.  I sent him an email about a compliment I received at Bank of America.  My name appeared in newspapers across the country.

I wore a kilt to a live broadcast of the public radio show “Whadda Know”.  Before the show started, I went to use the men’s room.  The show’s host, Michael Feldman, was in the men’s room at the time and looked a little uncomfortable sharing the men’s room with a guy in a skirt.  However, during the portion of the show when Michael walks around talking with the audience, he recognized me and asked me about my kilt.  I was on National Public Radio explaining the joys of wearing a kilt.

This week my life media list expanded.  I have been YouTubed. 

MothUP St. Louis put two of my stories on YouTube.  I am thrilled that the stories I told to an audience of 200 can now be watched by the 2,000,000,000 people with Internet access worldwide.

My January MothUP story was about “Home”.  I honored my employer by wearing a blue Cass shirt and a blue Cass cap.  You can watch and listen to the 11-minute story at

My February MothUP story was about “Being Mortified”.  I made the mistake of holding the microphone too close to my mouth so that my inhaling and exhaling almost blots out my words.  You can watch and try to listen to the 4-minute story at

Now that I have been YouTubed, I wonder what my next media step will be.  

My next step could be Twitter --- but with all those TV stations and newspaper columnists and radio shows and magazines vying for my opinions and my commentary, I don’t have much time to tweet.




- . - .- . - . - . 

NOTE: Doug's best stories have been collected into a book: Puppy Out Of Breath.  Price = $11.  You can purchase a copy at  http://www.puppyoutofbreath.com


No comments:

Post a Comment